Danielle DeVor's Top Ten
To celebrate the release of Sorrow’s Edge (Book 2 in The
Marker’s Chronicles) award winning horror novelist Danielle DeVor is here to share her Top Ten Favorite Exorcism Books. She is also giving away a $5 amazon gift card- so be sure to enter at the bottom of the page.
*For more on Sorrow’s Edge CLICK HERE. You do not wanna miss this one!
*To read an excerpt CLICK HERE.
Danielle’s Top Ten:
Since exorcism is the ongoing theme in The Marker Chronicles, here are my Top 10 Favorite Exorcism Books.
10. Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans by Malachi Martin
While Malachi was a bit controversial, his knowledge of exorcism was spot on. Some creepy stuff.
9. Possessed by Thomas Allen and Thomas B. Allen
The novelization of the true story that inspired The Exorcist.
8. The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist by Matt Baglio
Great information about the Vatican’s exorcism school.
7. The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel: by Felicitas D. Goodman
Great book about the case. Sometimes, she seems to be inventing things, but lots of information in there.
6. The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren by Gerald Brittle
While about a lot of haunted house cases, there is also a little bit of exorcism information contained within that is factually accurate.
5. Deliver Us from Evil: A New York City Cop Investigates the Supernatural by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool
Recently made into a film, Ralph Sarchie’s accounts of being an exorcist’s assistant and an exorcist himself are interesting to say the least. And, he is happy to friend people on Facebook, but he is pretty outspoken in his beliefs, so don’t friend him if you are easily offended.
4. Diabolical Possession and Exorcism by Rev. John J Nicola
Book by one of the consultants for the film, The Exorcist. Extremely highly recommended.
3. Lessons Learned: The Anneliese Michel Exorcism: The Implementation of a Safe and Thorough Examination, Determination...by Fr. John M. Duffey
Another book about the Annelise Michel case.
2. The Haunted: One Family's Nightmare Paperback – December 2, 2014
by Ed Warren (Author), Lorraine Warren (Author), Robert Curran (Author)
Book about a heck of a demonic haunting. House exorcisms are performed within the story.
1.The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
I had to include it. Blatty did research the book very well though.
Named one of the Examiner's 2014 Women in Horror: 93 Horror Authors you Need to Read Right Now, Danielle DeVor has been spinning the spider webs, or rather, the keyboard for more frights and oddities. She spent her early years fantasizing about vampires and watching "Salem's Lot" way too many times. When not writing and reading about weird things, you will find her hanging out at the nearest coffee shop, enjoying a mocha frappuccino. Visit her at http://danielledevor.wordpress.com
ENTER TO WIN!
Danielle is giving one lucky winner an Amazon gift card! Enter below: